Monday, September 23, 2013

3 Nephi 27:13-14

Dearest Family and Friends,
 
We had a GREAT week this last week! It wasn't fantastic numbers wise, but we had a grrrrreat baptism!! I was so happy! The guy that got baptized even had a few of his friends come but they aren't interested in learning more. They were just there to support him and we were grateful for that! The last week has been super rough on him. A lot of his friends have been trying to convince him not to get baptized. We were never really worried though. We knew that he knew it was what he was supposed to do, no matter what anybody said about it. We had a good lesson with him and the Bishop and we were able to answer a few of the questions that he had thanks to his friends. He had a good experience though. He was confirmed in our Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Then later that day, we found out that he had been asked to say the closing prayer at the end of Priesthood Meeting and that he did a great job! We were so excited to hear that! He really is great and all of the members keep telling us that him and Bro. Henry who was baptized a few weeks ago are just amazing and they're so happy to have them in the church. I'm so glad to hear that the members are welcoming them in!

We were also able to set up another baptism date for the 26th of October. It's for Sis. Hobbs. We are going to pray and try to get Bro. Hobbs ready for that date as well. She could be baptized next week if she wanted to but we wanted to set a date that we felt that Bro. Hobbs could be ready for as well. He's going through a hard time in his life right now. He's been in some pretty traumatic experiences and so he's dealing with anxiety from those things. He says he'll get baptized when he's ready though. We are also hoping some of the kids will join in the lessons and get baptized. They are so prepared for the Gospel it's not even funny!
 
We had the opportunity to have interviews with President Shumway this week. It was so good! I love that man! He will be a part of my life forever. He always says the right things and I guess that could be due to the Spirit, but still, he has to be in tune with the Spirit to know what to say. Luckily, in this interview, I didn't cry! It's like the first real interview that I haven't cried in! It's just amazing to see how I've changed and how much I've grown in the last little while. I really just cannot describe in words how much I love being a missionary and am grateful for my time to serve a mission. I am so glad that Heavenly Father put His trust in me to serve a mission and to do His work. I hope that I can continue to serve Him diligently so He can be proud of me when my time is through.
 
I was able to go to Muskogee this last week on an exchange. It was really good except for I got to see Christina. I was so sad because her health has just gotten really bad since I've left. It was hard for me to look at her and so I'm just trying to remember the Christina that I knew when I was back serving in Muskogee. I love her so much and if she doesn't get baptized in this life because of her health, I know she will accept the work when she goes to the other side.
 
We had a special Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. It was full of music. Something really funny happened. I was laughing all yesterday and am still laughing about it now. The Priesthood got up to sing. There were so many of them and they were singing "Ye Elders of Israel." When they got done, Bro. Crockett, the Elder's investigator, was sitting in the congregation a few rows behind us and he said, "Man, that sounded like the Tabernacle Choir!" Oh my goodness!!! It was so funny! Everybody started laughing! But it was so true! Sister Ficklin and I just wanted them to keep singing. It was so beautiful, but now every time I hear that song, I will think of Brother Crockett saying that. I love that man! He is so funny! He is getting baptized on November 2nd. It will probably be my last baptism. Sister Ficklin and I kind of accidentally set the date with him a few weeks ago without the Elders knowing. It was pretty funny! We are so clever! ;)
 
Not much else happened this week! So sorry this is a short letter! :)
 
The Vendels are taking us golfing today so we are pretty excited about that! We sometimes practice putting in their living room at night. I've never been golfing so we are going to go with them today! We're supa excited! :):)
 
This next week should be a good one! We've set some goals that we are going to work really hard to achieve! :)
 
Thank you so much for everything! I really appreciate all the letters! Keep them coming!!!!! :)
 
Love you all!!
 
See you soon then!!
 
Love, Sister Pahl

PS. I forgot to talk about transfers!!!! Sister Ficklin and I are staying together in Charleston this transfer!!!!!!!!!!!! We are soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are! :) Not a feeling I can explain in text. Just like the last sentence in Alma 26:16, "Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." That's how I feel about my mission and about this next transfer with Sister Ficklin! Yay! :):) Sorry I forgot to mention this in my email! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment