Monday, March 25, 2013

D&C 63:3-5

Hello!! :)

We had a pretty fabulous week this week! Nothing super duper exciting but we were able to teach lots of people! We were trying to teach 20 lessons which is the goal for every area for our mission, but we didn't quite make it so we are going to try again this week!! I think it's going to happen! :)

We have some pretty sad news about Wyneeka. :( Her mom is perfectly fine with us teaching her BUT her grandma and uncle are not. :( She is moving in with her grandma because of some family drama that is going on, so we aren't going to get to see her as much. She says that she still wants us to come over when she is at her mom's house. She LOVES the Book of Mormon! She really knows that it's true and that this is the church that she wants to be a part of! I love her so much and I know that she'll get baptized eventually! I told her that when she's 18, she can move out to Utah and be my roommate! :) We would probably never get any sleep because we'd be laughing all the night long!

Debbie and Arianna are doing pretty good! We weren't able to meet with them again this week. She's been super busy with her salon and everything that we weren't able to see her. But we have an appointment with them on Wednesday and Arianna will then go to Activity Days after our lesson. I really hope that she likes it and that she makes lots of friends! Then maybe she'll want to come to church more. Debbie says that driving to Muskogee for church for 3 hours is too much right now BUT we are going to start holding weekly Sunday meetings up in Wagoner that will include the Sacrament. So she'll be able to go to those until she feels good enough again to come to Muskogee for church. We are hoping to give them a baptism date this week! We'll see how that goes! :)

Thursday was a super hard day. We had 6 set appointments and every single one of them fell through. We were pretty bummed!! But we were able to go see a family that I've been wanting to see when I got here. Their name just stood out to me a lot but everytime we set up an appointment with them, they cancelled on us. So Thursday, we decided to drop in on them. They were home. It wasn't the best lesson but we got to know them a little bit. I really hope we can help them see the importance of church. The wife just had a baby 8 months ago. I don't think they've been sealed. So it would be great if we could get them back to church and help them get to the temple!

This week in our district meeting we had some of the Elders do a presentation on the Book of Mormon. It was super good and Sister Hatch and I are really excited to hand out a lot of copies of the Book of Mormon! I love that book and I want everyone in the world to know that it is true!!

As I mentioned a little bit earlier, we are going to be able to start having weekly meetings up in Wagoner. The sacrament will also be offered. It won't be it's own branch, but we are just trying to get more people to come out so we CAN get a branch up there. It is so awesome to see the work moving and to see the growth of the church out here in the midwest!

I LOVE serving a mission! I love it more and more everyday. I might have said that before, but it's true! I hope I continue to love it more everyday!

I love you all and hope that all is well!!

See you soon, then!

Love, Sister Pahl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment