Monday, March 4, 2013

D&C 58: 4, 65

Dearest family,

How are we all? I am doing pretty fantastic. It's been a pretty crazy week!

Last Monday, Sister Moe and I had the chance to be a part of a conference call for trainers. It was pretty crazy and scary because I have been super nervous about training. So I was a little frightened to hear what President Shumway was going to say in the call. It was good though! It was supposed to be at 9 but President didn't get on for a while and it was cool to hear the Elders and Sister trying to talk to each other about their areas. I got to talk to Sister Meredith for a little bit. She is up in Miami. She replaced Sister Reeves and I. Apparantly two of the people that Sister Reeves and I had been working with got baptized last weekend!!! How cool is that?? I was pretty excited to hear about that! And then I just loved listening to the Elders talking to each other. You can tell that they really like each other and they enjoy being missionaries. I LOVE being a missionary!!!!!!! President Shumway said some pretty great things that really is going to help me as a trainer. One of the things that stood out the most was that as a trainer, I'm not "in charge" but I am responsible. That made me feel a little better because I was worried about having to be "in charge" but, I'm not! I'm just responsible.  Which, I'm not sure if it is better or worse. hahah

We picked up 3 new investigators this last week! Jason is one of them. Jarrod, another of our investigators, brought him to a lesson. It was really cool and it seems like Jason is really interested in learning about the gospel. We were supposed to meet with them again on Friday but they didn't show up and aren't replying to our messages so we are kind of worried about them. But, we'll see what happens.

Sergio is another one we picked up. He was someone that our Zone Leaders tracted into last transfer, so about a month ago. We hadn't been able to see him yet. He's a busy guy. But this time we just stopped by when we could tell he was home and we had a short lesson on his doorstep. We were able to give him a copy of the Book of Mormon. He seems like a really nice guy! We are supposed to have another lesson with him tomorrow!

The other one is DJ. He is legally blind. He was a member a while ago but had his records removed for some reason. Now, he's realized that that was a mistake and so we are teaching him the lessons and hopefully he'll be baptized within another month or two. He is wanting to move in June or July and wants to be baptized again by then! So we're going to try and get that done for him! :)

Thursday was transfers!! Sister Moe got on the van before giving me a hug, so I ran over there, opened the door, and said, "Sister Moe! Did you think you were going to leave without giving me a hug?!!" I thought it was kind of funny! :)

Sister Hatch is my new companion. Funny thing is, we have the same first name! I was looking at the list of new sisters coming out and I thought to myself, "I'm going to get her because we have the same first name!" And then it happened! Weird. She is from Magna, Utah. She is 20 years old and she is pretty great! I'm not really in love with training, but I like my trainee! She's going to be a great missionary! She reminds me a lot of myself when I first came out on the mission! Hopefully it won't take her as long as it took me to really become a missionary and love doing it. She plays the flute so she's going to teach me! Sister Shumway (mission pres wife) might have her flute sent out to her so she can do some special musical numbers at the zone conferences. That would be awesome!

We had a GREAT lesson with Debbie and Arianna! They are so great! Arianna even had a friend over to listen to it too. We talked about the Plan of Salvation. We used my cute little cutouts and it was amazing the questions that Arianna and her friend came up with. They boggled my mind! Debbie still didn't feel well enough to drive down to church yesterday but she said that they'll for sure be there next Sunday! It's going to be great! They are going to come down to Muskogee on Wednesday for a lesson. I love them so much! Arianna plays competitive soccer, so I like her even more! ;) I can't wait for them to get baptized! They don't want to set a date for baptism yet but hopefully that will change soon.

On Saturday, we had dinner with the Burris family. They have a macaw - a bird that comes from Brazil, or something like that. It is like the bird from the movie "Rio." Bro. Burris said he got it from Utah!! I want one sooooo bad! It was so cool! I even got to hold it! Well, it stood on my arm. It was awesome!

Saturday night I was praying and thinking about what I could fast for on Sunday. I got the impression that Sister Hatch and I should fast for someone to teach and baptize on March 30th. One of my previous companions used to set a date each month to have a baptism, they would pray about it, and then they would put their trust in the Lord to provide them with someone to baptize on the date they chose. It usually worked so, I thought it would be cool to try. So when I was done praying, I asked Sister Hatch if she wanted to do it. So we started our fast. On Sunday, we were sitting near the back of the chapel, and some random guy showed up at Sacrament meeting! Then a lady who hadn't been to church in a while was there with a non-member friend. And THEN there was another member who brought a non-member friend and her kids to church!!! So many people were in our Gospel Principles class. It was awesome to see the Lord's hand in our efforts to do His work. I know that if we work hard, Heavenly Father will answer our fast and we'll be able to have a baptism on March 30th! I have faith! :)

Well, I think that's about it for today! We have a pretty good week planned ahead of us! Hopefully it goes close to planned! We tend to have rotten luck with people cancelling on us....oh well. Everyone has agency...

I love you all!!!!

See you soon then!

Love, Sister Pahl :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment